News spread around the web in September that Cisco was ceasing development and pulling back on sales of its Application Control Engine (ACE) load balancing modules. For companies that rely upon Cisco’s extreme reliability, corporate stability, and excellent support programs, this news is not particularly welcome. We at F5 understand the desire of high-performing enterprises to have these important assurances, and want to help. F5 is by far the leader in the the Application Delivery Networking space, with high-availability, rock-solid devices, and support programs to meet every need, from free support and help with advanced topics on F5 DevCentral to full maintenance contracts with 24x7 support fulfilled by regional support centers located across the globe. As the market leader, F5 has not only provided innovative and thoroughly tested solutions to Application Delivery problems, F5 has built a solid future for itself, with cash reserves and low operating costs that mean no matter how long your need, F5 will be there to help. With a migration service available to help make the move as smooth as possible, F5 can help at every stage of migration and long term operation.
F5 has also gone to great lengths to extend our award winning BIG-IP series of devices with product modules that can help with all of your application delivery needs. Application and network security, local and global DNS, flip-the-switch SPDY support, WAN Optimization, and much more is supported all on the same award-winning platform. Whatever the need, the F5 ADN platform can help your organization achieve a fast, secure, and available application infrastructure.
Every disconcerting development in normal business operations is also an opportunity. When your organization sits down to chose a replacement for Cisco ACE, the ability to choose a best-of-breed solution is the opportunity this development represents. The ability to do what you have been doing more efficiently, or to begin doing things that were not possible. F5 believes that we are best situated in every way to address these needs and allow you to rest knowing that your ADN is running on equipment that will be supported in the future.
Of course we’d like to be your supplier of choice, but we’re willing to earn that business. For a limited time only, F5 has expanded its Cisco trade in offer to offer even more value – two times our normal trade-in amounts, and significant discounts on migration assistance. In fact, during migration you’ll learn how to wield iRules to do things that you couldn’t achieve in the past.
- F5 is the global leader in ADN
- World class - Forty four of the Fortune 50 rely on F5 BIG-IP platforms
- Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Application Delivery Controllers and SSL VPN
- Unified platform: F5 consolidates multiple app delivery and IP services on a single platform to optimize and monetize network investments.
- World-class channel partner program
- Relationships with leading vendors such as Dell, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, VMware, Ericsson, and Nokia Siemens
- Add-on modules covering Application security, SSL VPN, Virtualization support, Management, WAN Optimization, Web Application Acceleration, link load balancing, Global Load Balancing, DNS, and more.
- Migration service to help move from ACE to BIG-IP
- F5 DevCentral – A user community of more than 100,000 F5 users helping each other solve real problems
- 24x7 support available
If you are concerned about keeping your network fast, secure, and available while staying with a stable market leader, click here or contact your F5 reseller (or account rep) to learn more about our limited time double trade-in value and migration support discount offers.
Related Articles and Blogs:
Connect with F5: