Forum Discussion

Apr 23, 2024
Solved

About AWAF "Redirect URLs" in "Responses and Blocks"

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to use pools in "Redirect URLs" in "Responses and Blocks"?

Besides the <%TS.request.ID()%> parameter, are there any other parameters that can be used ?

Any Help is appreciate.
Thanks !

• No, there isn't an option of using pool. But you can redirect to the F5 VIP which can have a pool members you need. TS.request.ID is the system generated variable and I personally feel that it should be the part of the blocking page as it makes easy to troubleshoot false positive blocks through the logs. I'm not sure if any other variables can be used e.g. IP address or URL getting blocked, I never tried it. But it appears using custom iRule it can be achieved. But it would be painful to maintain the iRule so it's best to go with the options provided. 

1 Reply

• No, there isn't an option of using pool. But you can redirect to the F5 VIP which can have a pool members you need. TS.request.ID is the system generated variable and I personally feel that it should be the part of the blocking page as it makes easy to troubleshoot false positive blocks through the logs. I'm not sure if any other variables can be used e.g. IP address or URL getting blocked, I never tried it. But it appears using custom iRule it can be achieved. But it would be painful to maintain the iRule so it's best to go with the options provided.