Forum Discussion

Pranav_73262
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 08, 2013

ASM adding unwanted cookie

Hi, we have a VS created in LTM with Default Persistence as universal & following iRule:

when HTTP_REQUEST {
        if { [string tolower [HTTP::path]] starts_with "/abcd" } {
                pool Pool1
        } else {
                  set jsess [URI::query [HTTP::uri] PARAM]
                  if { $jsess != "" } {
                       persist uie $jsess 600
                       pool Pool2
                    }
        }
}

However, we are getting one unwanted cookie in response, so is it possible that above combination will add some unwanted default cookie for response?

28 Replies

• You will break ASM functionality if you remove TS cookie. Is the cookie that ASM sends affecting the client behavior? That should not be the case. If yes, is this a browser or a custom client?

Pranav_73262
      Ok. Actually it is not affecting client behavior, however, customer has requirement that we should not send any cookies. It is HTTPS application.
      Pranav_73262
      yes, it is required. But should not add cookie :) only inspect and block in case of violations.
  • Modified question to reflect exact issue for the benefit of future references.

• Hi,

What is you ASM deployment mode ? If you can isolate this application on another security policy you can disable the ASM cookie feature only in this case.

I can warn you that the "TS*" cookie can be in lower case sometime but I don't know what will be the behavior of the ASM if the cookie is not present and the feature enabled.

Pranav_73262
      Hi Romain, how to disable ASM cookie? I checked all options available; but no luck. At max it allows us to play with expiration timer, MD5 hash etc.