Forum Discussion

Sergey_Izgiyaev
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 14, 2014
Solved

Sideband connection - takes few seconds to get resonse

Hi, I've created the iRule that establishes sideband connection to make a decision what pool the original HTTP request to be sent according to the response data from the sideband virtual server. It takes ~3-5 seconds until the response from sideband VS came. If i simulate sideband HTTP request from, let say, my workstation using fiddler, the response has no delay.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks Sergey

• What is the timeout value you are setting in the connect string? The sideband connection will wait the timeout setting no matter if it only takes 30ms to receive the data. There is a solution to peek at the connection and return the data before the timeout value is reached. Search for "supersideband" in the wikis for iRule.

1 Reply

R_Eastman_13667
    Historic F5 Account

What is the timeout value you are setting in the connect string? The sideband connection will wait the timeout setting no matter if it only takes 30ms to receive the data. There is a solution to peek at the connection and return the data before the timeout value is reached. Search for "supersideband" in the wikis for iRule.