Forum Discussion

mahmad2_222556
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 23, 2018
Solved

BIG IP LTM upgrade from 12.1.2 to 13.1.0.2

I need to upgrade several LTMs from 12.1.2 to 13.1.0.2 and looking for potential security issues that are on 12.1.2 and have been resolved on 13.1.0.2. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Cool... Yes, I faced few issues in V13.x series. F5 has added more new feature which helps in day to day operation and automation. But few issues we have observed in v13.1.0.2, i.e

• Make sure you have enough memory in device to install latest software else configuration will not load.

• Unable to search configuration in Network Map via "IP Address" but no issue with object name :). F5 is working on it.

• Upgrade fails when loading GTM objects from a non-/Common partition but issue has fixed in 13.1.0.5

• Most important thing is

F5 iHealth tool
      . It will provide you all details.

See the release note before upgrading device.

v13.x Release Notes

2 Replies

• Cool... Yes, I faced few issues in V13.x series. F5 has added more new feature which helps in day to day operation and automation. But few issues we have observed in v13.1.0.2, i.e

• Make sure you have enough memory in device to install latest software else configuration will not load.

• Unable to search configuration in Network Map via "IP Address" but no issue with object name :). F5 is working on it.

• Upgrade fails when loading GTM objects from a non-/Common partition but issue has fixed in 13.1.0.5

• Most important thing is

F5 iHealth tool
      . It will provide you all details.

See the release note before upgrading device.

v13.x Release Notes

Snl
    Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

upload the qkview in F5 ihealth and check the upgrade advisory