Forum Discussion

SanYang
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Aug 28, 2023
Solved

Change admin account

Hello,

Is there a way to change the administrator account ?
Ex.
admin -> Michael

Any help is appreciate.

• Hi SanYang , 
    yes you can 
    ( Go to system >>> Users >>> Choose " Michael "Account >>> in Role drop down list >>> Choose Administrator ) 
    to do that you shoud login with the admin account or another account has the administrative rights. 

Also you can disable the baisc system default admin account , but I don't prefer that 
    if you want to know the way to disable it let me know. 

• Hi SanYang , 
    Create the new account first let we say ( Michael >>> Password "xyz@123" >> Role "Administrator ) and it's optional to allow CLI accress for this account you can enable advanced shell or tmsh. 

After creating it , 
    Logout and login again with your new account " Michael " 
    then 
    Go to ( System >>> Platform ) , 
    then at admin Account field >>> Select disable default account , use alternate. 
    you have done it now. 

for detaild steps , Check this Article : 
    https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K15632#disabling

it contains video clarify how to do that. 

thanks

4 Replies

• Hi SanYang , 
    yes you can 
    ( Go to system >>> Users >>> Choose " Michael "Account >>> in Role drop down list >>> Choose Administrator ) 
    to do that you shoud login with the admin account or another account has the administrative rights. 

Also you can disable the baisc system default admin account , but I don't prefer that 
    if you want to know the way to disable it let me know. 

SanYang
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

Hi Mohamed_Ahmed_Kansoh ,

Thanks for your reply.
      I want to know it.

Then, I mean I want to change the "admin" account name and I don't know if there is a way to do that.

• Hi SanYang , 
        Create the new account first let we say ( Michael >>> Password "xyz@123" >> Role "Administrator ) and it's optional to allow CLI accress for this account you can enable advanced shell or tmsh. 

After creating it , 
        Logout and login again with your new account " Michael " 
        then 
        Go to ( System >>> Platform ) , 
        then at admin Account field >>> Select disable default account , use alternate. 
        you have done it now. 

for detaild steps , Check this Article : 
        https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K15632#disabling

it contains video clarify how to do that. 

thanks

• Hi SanYang  - I've marked Mohamed_Ahmed_Kansoh's reply as the Accepted Solution in order to make it easier for other users to find help in the future (and to give him credit for the answer, which can help make or renew MVP status for users). You can do this yourself next time by clicking the Accept Solution button on a reply.  đź™‚