Forum Discussion

Feb 20, 2019

Command Line options for "roles" in API

I am trying to find a definitive list of the correct arguments that are allowed for the when perform an "add user" using the F5 API.

I have searched through KBs and DevCentral and can not find the "list". I can find reference to what they are called and what they do in the GUI, but not the correct option for the API.

Anyone have any links or know this information?

Example: Administrator = admin Operator = operator Acceleration Policy Editor = ?? Application Security Administrator = ??

Thanks!

2 Replies

• iControl REST is more or less a wrapper for tmsh, so the easiest way to get available values for an option is its command-completion. For example,

root@(ltm1311)(cfg-sync Disconnected)(Active)(/Common)(tmos) create auth user test partition-access replace-all-with { Common  { role [type `TAB` here]
    Values:
      admin                 auditor               guest                 manager               operator              user-manager
      application-editor    certificate-manager   irule-manager         no-access             resource-admin

The example above does not show the role related to Acceleration Policy because my box does not have the related modules provisioned.

auditor

application-editor

user-manager

manager

certificate-manager

resource-admin

irule-manager

web-application-security-administrator

web-application-security-editor

Not sure about the Acceleration Policy Editor, but try "acceleration-policy-editor" ;-)