Forum Discussion

elamri_304806
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 29, 2017
Solved

Common name SSL F5

hello team,   I have a problem with a certification deployed on F5.   Currently this certification have the CN : lab1.mycompany.lan   So the problem is when i change the link of my applicati...
    Jun 29, 2017

If you access a website that has a different hostname compared to the Common Name specified in the certificate, you will be able to access the site without any issues but you must be getting a warning message on your browser that says the certificate presented to you by the server (F5, in this case) is dedicated to a different hostname.

None of this should prevent your website from loading, but the untrusted warning message will continue to persist until you rectify that to match the certificate common name. To address this, one way to do it is have a wildcard certificate with CN: *.mycompany.lan and apply this to your profile.

However, if you want to have dedicated certificate for "lab2.mycompany.lan" and use the other wildcard certificate for all other subdomains of mycompany.lan, then you can make use of our Server Name Indication feature: https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K13452