Forum Discussion

Oct 22, 2014
Solved

Connection Timout Problem in Load balancing

I have a VS and 3 Pool members and http traffic is load balanced in Round Robin fashion. First Round Robin was not behaving normal by sending many requests to same pool member even after connection timout. I Solved that by disabling CMP on VS.

Now the issue is that timeout for the connection from user takes about 40 seconds. So if a some user sends continuous requests they all lands on same pool member until he stops sending requests for 40 seconds and connection is timout then request land on another pool member.

My question is that Where can I change the timeout of connection as I was lesser time for time out. I have applied default http and tcp profiles. Default tcp timeout is 300 seconds but my connection timeout after 40 seconds and I want it even lesser, where can I modify it.

Thanks

• You could try specifying a Maximum Requests value of "1" in an HTTP profile and apply it to the virtual server.

Chances are that the client is re-using the same TCP connection for multiple HTTP requests. The profile change would limit the client to one HTTP request per connection. You could also enable oneconnect on the VS and see if that makes a difference

5 Replies

• I understand you want to create a persistence. With persistence profile, you can create stickiness to pool member. This stickiness can be controlled with time out setting. The link below may help to create persistence profile, https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/7000/000/sol7019.html

• You could try specifying a Maximum Requests value of "1" in an HTTP profile and apply it to the virtual server.

Chances are that the client is re-using the same TCP connection for multiple HTTP requests. The profile change would limit the client to one HTTP request per connection. You could also enable oneconnect on the VS and see if that makes a difference

Muhammad_Irfan1
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      Great Sir, that solved my problem. I have one small another question, I have a client side SSL profile enabled and successful handshakes are happening. But the problem is that when same user generates another request each time he has to pass through SSL handshake, I think his second request should be faster. How can I achieve that. Thanks
    shaggy
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

You could try specifying a Maximum Requests value of "1" in an HTTP profile and apply it to the virtual server.

• Great Sir, that solved my problem. I have one small another question, I have a client side SSL profile enabled and successful handshakes are happening. But the problem is that when same user generates another request each time he has to pass through SSL handshake, I think his second request should be faster. How can I achieve that. Thanks