Forum Discussion

NickTurner
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Jun 09, 2016

Does the Lab licence allow you to use SWG?

Hi all, I'm trying to test Secure Web Gateway (SWG) on am F5 with a lab licence.

I believe the lab licence includes the APM lite module which is slightly restricted

I'm able to enable the SWG module but it says unlicenced. Does anyone know for sure that this is a restriction? If so, any ideas how I'd go about testing it?

Thanks! Nick

3 Replies

• I dont see why not, but you probably wont get the URL Categories without a subscription.

a_basharat
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

You would need to talk to your Account Manager at F5, as SWG is a pre-paid product. They will grant you a trial license with SWG included that will last for a month for you to test and play with it. The Lab license doesn't bring SWG activated on it.

NickTurner
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
      Thanks, I'm trying to confirm this officially with F5. I'm happy, for testing, to just use my own set of categories/filters. Looking at some SWG setup examples (which all seem to be for 11.5/6), the VPE contains a "SWG Scheme Assign" agent. I'm running 12.1 and this isn't an available option. Do you know if this is a change in the new version or if there are any pre-reqs for this to become available?