Forum Discussion

cathy_123
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Feb 12, 2024
Solved

F5 GTM GSLB replacement

Hello Guys!

Would like to get some answers on my project.

I will create a new f5 gtm that will replace the faulty/inconsistent gtm. I would like to test the new f5 gtm first by having only one wide IP as a testing if it will be able to resolve the wide ip.

here is my question

1. if my new f5 gtm has only one wide IP and I "synch" from DNS ›› Settings : GSLB : General ›› check "Synchronize". what will happen?
  2.  On my new F5 if I create Data center shall I include the old F5 that I will replace? I guess yes right.. since it is included on the "synch"

thank you so much

Edit:  Found this great article. https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K45907236 :D  

• Hi,

You could configure your new GTM as a stand-alone and test one wide IP.
    If you feel confident you could add the new GTM with the gtm_add command. This will add the new gtm to the sync group and remove your test wide IP, replacing it with the configuration of the sync group.

All the steps in the article are done on an exciting GTM in the sync group, gtm_add is run on your replacement. You only need to create a listener on the new GTM and adjust the named configuration.

Cheers,

Kees

4 Replies

• Hi,

You could configure your new GTM as a stand-alone and test one wide IP.
    If you feel confident you could add the new GTM with the gtm_add command. This will add the new gtm to the sync group and remove your test wide IP, replacing it with the configuration of the sync group.

All the steps in the article are done on an exciting GTM in the sync group, gtm_add is run on your replacement. You only need to create a listener on the new GTM and adjust the named configuration.

Cheers,

Kees

• Hi Kees,

Thank you so much for your input really helps.. just one more question, for gtm_add command, since that we have A and B F5 GTMs currently, on my new F5 GTM should I issue command below

gtm_add <A F5 GTM IP>

gtm_add <B F5 GTM IP>

or one is enough? thank you!