Forum Discussion

vmunier_96939
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 06, 2013
Solved

"General database error" when adding an entry to a Data Group List

Hi,

I have the error message "General database error"when adding an entry to a string Data Group List:

For instance, when adding www.test.com in the following Data Group List:

And Update:

I have tried to create a new Data Group List: It's the same problem. The first creation is well done but updates failed.

In the LTM log, there is nothing when the "General database error" appears, but i have this message which appears every 5 minutes:

Nov  6 16:33:28 vilbf5 err mcpd[6532]: 01071704:3: Not running command (/usr/libexec/localdb_mysql_restore.sh) because the request came from an untrusted connection.

Nov  6 16:38:28 vilbf5 err mcpd[6532]: 01071704:3: Not running command (/usr/libexec/localdb_mysql_restore.sh) because the request came from an untrusted connection.

Nov  6 16:43:28 vilbf5 err mcpd[6532]: 01071704:3: Not running command (/usr/libexec/localdb_mysql_restore.sh) because the request came from an untrusted connection.

I don't know if this message is related to my problem? I'm running version 11.4.1. I have also tried to restart the BigIP, but there is no change. Thanks for your help!

• please see :

http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/14000/600/sol14671.html

13 Replies

• I believe in v11.4 that every string must have a value, hence your issue. I think a blank space will suffice but you may need to recreate them to add that, or use tmsh instead.

• please see :

http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/14000/600/sol14671.html

vmunier_96939
      Thank you, it's exactly my problem. It's ok with using the tmsh utility to update the affected data group.
      Ongko_8903
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      btw, for the error log (mysql), i think it's not related. I never seen entry log like that. But if this recurring for sometime, i think it will be best for you to ask F5 support (create case).
    Hajar
    I have same issue and opened a case with F5. I was told it is problem with 11.4.1 and provided a Hotfix for the datagroup bug Hotfix-BIGIP-11.4.1-608.15-ENG.iso Hotfix-BIGIP-11.4.1-608.15-ENG.iso.md5
  • hello

we have the same problem with the message: "... err mcpd[6815]: 01071704:3: Not running command (/usr/libexec/localdb_mysql_restore.sh) because the request came from an untrusted connection."

did you find out anything? thanks

• hello, No, i haven't find anything about this error in the ltm log. I can't open a case because i am trying the solution, and so i haven't acces to the support for the moment.

• I have exactly the same issue flooding my LTM logs on all my 11.4.0 appliances (Not running command (/usr/libexec/localdb_mysql_restore.sh) because the request came from an untrusted connection.).

I have opened a case with F5, waiting for an answer.

F5Maniac_72324
      F5 seems unable to fix the log issue. It is definitely related to Local Users DB feature that came WITH 11.4.0 version. Anytime you create a Local Users DB instance, this error message will be logged into LTM err log every 5 mn after that. F5 told me to delete the instance (!!!) or to remove the cron entry (which I cannot find as of today).
      F5Maniac_72324
      F5 has identified that as a software issue. Here is the F5 statement about that : During the troubleshooting of your case it was determined there was a software issue causing the observed behavior. F5 Support has raised this issue with our Product Development team and is tracking this as 437875. Your case has been linked to this Development Item which will provide our Product Development team better visibility into the depth of customer exposure for this issue.
    InnO

I have exactly the same issue flooding my LTM logs on all my 11.4.0 appliances (Not running command (/usr/libexec/localdb_mysql_restore.sh) because the request came from an untrusted connection.).

I have opened a case with F5, waiting for an answer.

InnO
      F5 seems unable to fix the log issue. It is definitely related to Local Users DB feature that came WITH 11.4.0 version. Anytime you create a Local Users DB instance, this error message will be logged into LTM err log every 5 mn after that. F5 told me to delete the instance (!!!) or to remove the cron entry (which I cannot find as of today).
      InnO
      F5 has identified that as a software issue. Here is the F5 statement about that : During the troubleshooting of your case it was determined there was a software issue causing the observed behavior. F5 Support has raised this issue with our Product Development team and is tracking this as 437875. Your case has been linked to this Development Item which will provide our Product Development team better visibility into the depth of customer exposure for this issue.