Forum Discussion

Nelgin_Nepolean
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Feb 14, 2017

How to bypass APM profile if uri is "/rpc/rpcproxy.dll" ?

I was trying to bypass APM part for Outlook Anywhere by adding an iRule. But "ACCESS::disable" is not helping. my intention is to disable APM authentication part and do only Loadbalancing or just forward the traffic to Pool if the uri is /rpc/rpcproxy.dll. I have used iAPP for exchange 2016 configuration.

when HTTP_REQUEST {
if { ([HTTP::path] eq "/rpc/rpcproxy.dll") and \
(([HTTP::method] equals "RPC_IN_DATA") or ([HTTP::method] equals "RPC_OUT_DATA"))}{
ACCESS::disable
pool OA_pool
log local0. "APM disabled."
} else {
ACCESS::enable 
log local0. "APM enabled."
}
}

5 Replies

• Hi Kees,

Thank you for the response. In log it is showing as disabled however authentication is getting failed for OA. outlook client is prompting for the authentication.

Nelgin.

• Hi Nelgin,

Could you remove this from the irule:

else {
    ACCESS::enable 
    log local0. "APM enabled."
    }

Cheers,

Kees

• I "think" your issue might be that you're using eq instead of "starts_with" for the URI in question.

Try setting your second line to the following. I threw in some extra protections in case the client changes case on anything in the URI request:

if { ([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] starts_with "/rpc/rpcproxy.dll") and \
    (([HTTP::method] equals "RPC_IN_DATA") or ([HTTP::method] equals "RPC_OUT_DATA"))}{

Hope that helps!! -Cory

• Hello Nelgin,

I have the same issue for a client. Can you please give a little more details regarding your solution? I've followed the discussion you refer as an answer but i can't figure out what you did in the VPE and your iRule to disable the APM.

Rgds.