Forum Discussion

spali_345447
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 03, 2018

How to configure URL Polling on F5 Load balancer?

Hi Guys, I would need your help on the below mentioned scenario. I am very new to the load balancer world so pardon me if i make any mistake in explaining you.

1) I am using F5 Load balancer and it must distribute incoming requests between one of the two Web server (Server1 and Server2). The LB must redirect users to the master node among Server1 and Server2.

2) At a any given point of time either Server1 will be master or Server2 will be master.

3) Master server can be identified by polling urls given below. The server which is master will give response as "master=true" and the other node will give "master=false". I am able to see open these URLs in the browser and the URLs open a popup which says "master=true" or "master=false". But not sure how these URLs can be configured at F5 Load balancer.

Server1 url :

Server2 url :

I need advise from you all that how this configuration can be done.

1 Reply

• I am able to see open these URLs in the browser and the URLs open a popup which says "master=true" or "master=false". But not sure how these URLs can be configured at F5 Load balancer.

can you try basic authentication here?

K2167: Constructing HTTP requests for use with the HTTP or HTTPS application health monitor

https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K2167