Forum Discussion

robor_127995
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 22, 2007

HTTP1.1 - irule

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the HTTP_REQUEST event behaviour for HTTP1.1 session. I implemented simple iRule like:

when HTTP_REQUEST {

pool PPG_1

}

I observed when HTTP1.1 request is comming the session is open and redirect to one member. When the next HTTP request is comming in the same session it will be redirected again to the same member.

I'm wondering how to provide the load balancing on L7 for HTTP requests which belongs to the same session. Maybe it is my configuration fault but how to implement such behaviour ?

Does the HTTP_REQUEST event is invoked only only once for the whole HTTP session ? Could you clarify it a bit ?

Best regards,

robert

1 Reply

• The HTTP_REQUEST event is invoked each time a request is made, such as each HTML file, image file, etc. Once a user has connected, though, whether their subsequent requests reach the same pool member is decided by persistence. If you have persistence enabled, the user will reach the same pool member every time a new request is made within the timeout threshold you have defined.

On the virtual server to which you have applied this iRule is a setting for a persistence profile. Do you have one defined?