Forum Discussion

Mayanksingh1801
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 13, 2018

Increasing Core on vCMP Guest

Can some one tell me how to increase Cores per slot to 12 on each vVCM guest. The first guest is running 8 cores in slot 2 (available free core 4) and another guest is running 10 cores in slot 1 (available free core 10) . I cannot see option to increase Cores directly to 12.......getting option to increase to 1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 20....BIG IP 11.6.1 Build 0.0.317 Final

2 Replies

• Hi,

if you know the number of physical cores per physical processor on your blade platform, you can use this simple calculation to understand the maximum number of logical cores that you can allocate to a guest on a slot:

Number of physical cores per physical processor * Number of cores per physical core = Maximum number of logical cores per guest

For example, if a blade platform has six physical cores per physical processor, and the number of cores per physical core is 2, then the maximum number of logical cores per guest on that slot is 12 (6 * 2 = 12).

For mor info: https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/manuals/product/vcmp-administration-viprion-13-0-0/13.html

Can you tell me what kind of hardware you have I supposed viprion but wich blade?

regards,