Forum Discussion

Rene_C_
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 28, 2014

iRule Redirect after WEBSSO is finished

Hi,

as the subject already states; i would like to do a redirect after the WEBSSO has finished it's job; though, i dont seem to find the right event to do so (ACCESS_POLICY_COMPLETED is still before WEBSSO).

Any hints on this?

thanks in advance, Rene

2 Replies

John_Alam_45640
    Historic F5 Account

Do you mean after WEBSSO is finished POSTING the credentials to backend application form?

If so, you have to wait for some indication from the server that the auth worked. You can anticipate that in HTTP_RESPONSE or HTTP_RESPONSE_DATA.

If on the other hand you want to intercept the POST before it is sent to backend:

You have an option to enable HTTP events, trigerred by requests/responses generated by the policy, via this command:

https://devcentral.f5.com/wiki/iRules.ACCESS__restrict_irule_events.ashx

with access restrict set to disable, you have access to the regular HTTP events and you can try to use either HTTP_REQUEST_SEND or HTTP_REQUEST_RELEASE.

Rene_C_
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
      Thanks for the answer; i was hoping for something more "developerfriendly", like an Event "SSO_DONE" or something like that :) Anyway, now i'm parsing the responses directly for getting the status i need, and works like a charm.