Forum Discussion

Nov 13, 2017
Solved

Issue creating static route in Route Domain

I have 3 route domains configured on the F5 other than the default route domain 0. Now I am trying to configure default routes in each route domain. While default route creation for RD:2 was successful, when I try creating the default route for RD:3 it give the following error:

"01070712:3: Cannot create static route: 0.0.0.0%3/0 gw 10.0.21.1%3 on interface in rd3 - netlink error:3 (No such process)"

We are running BIG-IP v11.6.0.4.0.420. I remember configuring multiple route domain, multiple static routes and default routes in each route domain on another box which was running version 12.

Appreciate if anyone can help with this. Am I missing something or is this a BIG-IP Version limitation?

• Please try rebooting the device and let me know whether it worked.

13 Replies

• Please try rebooting the device and let me know whether it worked.

Sohaib_Atta_251

the box is in production so that not an option at the moment. have you experience something similar earlier?

RaghavendraSY_7
      Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus

Yes. Reboot fixed the issue. We have 9 route domains on our device, maybe you can open a vendor ticket before rebooting the device. Can you post your network configuration and make sure you hide all confidential information before posting the details.

Sohaib_Atta_251

Hi RaghavendraSY,

The network configuration is shared below in the comments.

• the box is in production so that not an option at the moment. have you experience something similar earlier?

RaghavendraSY
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

Yes. Reboot fixed the issue. We have 9 route domains on our device, maybe you can open a vendor ticket before rebooting the device. Can you post your network configuration and make sure you hide all confidential information before posting the details.

• You trying to add this on the GUI or TMSH?

If the GUI and the Partition Default Route Domain is set to 3 then you will not need to add the %3 when adding routes.

Also under TMOS 12.x you can use default as the destination for a default route instead of 0.0.0.0/0, try the following on under TMSH:

create net route default_rd3 network default%3 gw 10.0.21.1%3

If that doesn't work might need to share your LTM's net config.

• I had the same problem in version 13.1.0.8 when trying to restore the backup, I solved with a bigstart restart.