Forum Discussion

estradjs_130284
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 07, 2013

Java applet access through "Portal Access"?

Hello all, I have a problem when trying to configure the access to a web server inside my network and then launching a Java Applet propperly. The scenario is as you can see below: The Java Applet is used for managing connections to WTS (the WTS inside the internal network is a target example). I have configured a link using the Portal Access (Virtual Server) to the web server where the Java Applet resides, enabling both full patching and Java patching. Also I have configured for the Virtual Server a rewrite profile. After the configuration, I connect to the virtual server using a browser on a laptop, outside the internal network, as a typical user scenario. The issue comes when the Java Applet is downloaded, as there is no "code rewriting" and/or "code signing", in order to keep the applet connected to the Big IP. Unfortunately, this is needed in order to access the WTS inside the internal network (the Applet is actually used for managing WTS sessions). In other devices such as Juniper, this is automatically done by the device itself (there is a code rewriting/signing done on the fly) so that the very same applet works propperly. Does anyone knows if is there a way to configure this feature and how to do it? If this is not the case, where can I find an API or the appropriate documentation for adapting the applet for the big IP by myself? Thanks in advance for your help, any tips or workarounds will be really appreciated.

No RepliesBe the first to reply