Forum Discussion

estradjs_130284
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 04, 2013

Java applet: class rewriting on Big-IP?

Hello all, I am trying to configure a portal access to a webserver behind the Big-IP. In this webserver, we download a Java applet that is designed for accessing MS Windows Terminal Servers, but this applet should firstly establish a secure connection with the big-IP using a "code rewriting" or something similar in order to get the possible connections through the box. As far as I know, this was possible with F5 firepass, but I don't know if it can be done on the big-IP. In the portal access configuration there is no option for configuring this, just something so called "Java patching". Anyone knows if this "Java Patching" can do the code rewriting for Java Applets? If this is not the case, is it possible to do it? How? Thank you for your help

2 Replies

• Hi Kevin, thanks for the answer. Yes, as you point out the applet shouldn't work with HTTP, maybe the network access could be a better solution. IS there a way to access to the applet using it? does it support this "code rewriting" or is there a way to configure it? If this is not the case, maybe there is an API to adapt the applet code for working propperly in this scenario??

• Portal access is primarily an HTTP rewrite function. Does your Java applet speak HTTP? Otherwise, you may need to consider a network access option.