Forum Discussion

kishore_chennup
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 28, 2012

Licensing for VIPRION C2400 vCMP

Hi Experts,

I have been allocated a task of upgrading a c2400 chassis from 11.1 to 11.2.

We are running vCMP with 4 guests on it as well.

Can someone please direct me to a resource and steps etcs to do it.Any help would be appreciated. particlarly about re-activating licence etc

Regards, Kishore

18 Replies

• Oh, 11.4.0 has more flexible vCMP resource allocation? F5 finally listened to me!

Josh
  • Hi. I would like to upgrade a guest on a VIPRION and I have a similar question. Now, the installed version is 11.4.1 and I want to put 11.5.1. Service check date is older than the License check date so I have to relicense the VIPRION. What is the impact on the other guests when I re-license the VIPRION?

Thank you,

• What is the impact on the other guests when I re-license the VIPRION?

i never tested but i understand vcmp guest has no impact.

nitass
      Icon for Employee rankEmployee
      if there is any issue, you may open a support case and refer to ID357623. ID357623 - On vCMP license expiry, guests are shut down automatically (deleted and then restored)
  • What is the impact on the other guests when I re-license the VIPRION?

i never tested but i understand vcmp guest has no impact.

nitass_89166
      Icon for Noctilucent rankNoctilucent
      if there is any issue, you may open a support case and refer to ID357623. ID357623 - On vCMP license expiry, guests are shut down automatically (deleted and then restored)
  • Thanks for your reply. I will test today and I will see if there is any impact. Anyway, on this Viprion I have only standby guests, so no production impact is expected.

• I just finished the upgrade and it was without any impact. I had a continous ping on several self IP of some guests and I didn't lost any packet. I mention that the re-activation of the license was done on 11.4.1 HF2.