Forum Discussion

Mate_132781
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Sep 12, 2016

MGMT interface in routing domain?

Hi,

I have 2x BIG-IP LTM and DNS (GTM) and I need to install them inside customer tenant in cloud environment.

Problem is that I need to have MGMT in separate routing domain because of IP overlapping. I cannot isolate data interfaces to routing domain because I'm using GTM and (as far as I know) GTM listener cannot be part of routing domain.

Can I somehow move MGMT interface in routing domain?

Second solution could be to dedicate some Self IP in non-default routing domain for MGMT, but in that case what with NTP service (can I use it), what with device sync (i will use device-group for config sync and failover) etc...

Software version is 12.1.1

Br, Mate

4 Replies

• I got some info from F5 that this is not supported and there are no plans to change this.

Who knows, maybe somebody iat F5 finds out that would be easier to move MGMT interface in separate routing domain...

• Looks like you can't put the mgmt interface into a route domain. I just tried to rerun the setup utility on a lab box and it bombs out if I append %10. Seems like that or the GTM listener should be redone to allow for route domains. Have you ever brought this up to your SE? Might be a good way to get some traction on a solution.

• I believe the mgmt interface is technically already in a separate route domain. Are you receiving an error when you try to configure the selfIPs from the same space?