Forum Discussion

igorm_38370
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 27, 2011

Microsoft App-V loadbalancing with F5

Hi,

Are there any documents / information available for load-balancing microsoft's app-v application with F5 LTM?

I am looking for anything definitive on which ports are required, and what if any recommended ways of doing it exist.

Thanks!

13 Replies

Ryan_Korock_46
    Historic F5 Account
    To state the obvious, there sounds like there is some definite interest in formal guidance around deploying F5 with App-V. This is something that we know several customers have deployed succesfully, and something that we have had planned to deliver guidance on as soon as we could.

Because of the requests here, and some people having issues with their current deployment, I'll prioritize this and commit to having guidance in the next 2 weeks. It may not be polished, but it will be the information you need to get started. Send me a pm or e-mail me at r.korock@f5.com if you want updates on our progress.

I'm glad to get this feedback from our community. It helps us make sure we're delivering the right information on the right topics.

Ryan

Solution Architect - Microsoft Solutions
  • Where can I download the guide? We have patiently waited two weeks for the promised guide.

We need this guide to go live on our new big Citrix solution which is using app-v. LTM will be a central part of this solution but we need to be certain that the loadbalancing of the App-V servers are setup correctly.

This is URGENT.