Forum Discussion

jtlampe
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Mar 10, 2015

PCoIP not passing through APM

We are trying to perform a proof of concept for using the F5 APM with our VMWare view environment. I have used the f5.vmware_view.v1.2.0 iApp in 11.5.1 HF7. We have allowed port 4172 through our firewall all the way through to our connection server and pools. When we have users access the website within the network we have no issues. But when we attempt to access the website from the outside the user can authenticate through to the webtop and see the pools but only receives the black screen of death. I ran a tcpdump for 4172 on both tcp and udp and receive nothing from external clients. We seem to have everything that is listed in the deployment guide but still are not having any luck. Any insight or possible solutions, would not be surprised if I am missing a checkbox somewhere.

13 Replies

• We were able to find the solution. TCP 4172 traffic was being passed between the F5 and VMWare box but not establishing the UDP session. Only after modifying the access policy of right before the resource assign we put a variable assign of view.proxy_addr = expr {"public IP address"}.

So in turn we have it set-up so that we use two-factor authentication of NT-Login and OTP. That then opens the landing page to the VMWare Pools a user can access.

Thank you all for the valuable input in helping us find the root cause of our issue.

Greg_Crosby_319
      Historic F5 Account
      The iApp for View will add the proxy address expression; the question in the iApp is "If external clients use a network translated address to access View, what is the public-facing IP address?".
      Greg_130338
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
      This is only if you have a firewall in front of APM as the public address of the VS correct? Not if the destination address of the VS for PCoIP is the public address? I am having a similar issue where we can connect using a Wyse client just fine but when clicking on the desktop we want to launch it times out, I am assuming at the beginning of the PCoIP communication, still need to verify via a pcap.