Forum Discussion

rgk_76855
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 24, 2010

Problem with Redundancy Mode

Dear All,

My Redundant LTM is becoming Active however it is configured as a Standy unit 2,

Active System Code = BIG-IP 9.2.4 Build 13.1 (This is my active unit, however no configsync required)

Standby System Code = BIG-IP 9.1.2 Build 101.0 (This should be my Standby unit no configsync required but becoming active)

So, both the system are running in Active/Active which is not required and recommended, however they are configured as Active/Standby.

Can somebody help me to resolve this issue.

Thankyou

RGK

12 Replies

• Okay Champ, I will check redundancy without network failover. Also verify the logs if it becomes active again.

Is this true that we use network failover if we do have both units rack mounted far away from each other, otherwise there is no use of network failover, and please let me know?

Can I talk to you? May I have your cell ?

Thanks

RGK

908-485-3444

• RGK - I'm unfortunately booked this week but am watching this thread carefully so should be able to respond quickly -

I won't say that there's "no use for network failover" but if your units are close enough together to use serial failover, then that's the way to go - if you're using both, then both have to fail before a failover occurs. While network failover does give you more insight into whether the units have network capabilities, you can get that same information by using vlan or gateway failsafe...I recommended getting rid of the network failover for now just to see if that's what's causing the units to go active active.