Forum Discussion

kona2-9_51980
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 05, 2012

PVA Acceleration

I have two pairs of 6400's, both running the same version BIG-IP 9.3.1 Build 37.1. There were some complaints about the time page load times were taking. I have changed the VS type from Standard to Perf.(L4), which has decreased the page load time(understandably). My question is this on my west coast pair if i create/change a VS from standard to Perf.(L4) PVA Acceleration changes from None to Full, however, on my east coast pair PAV Acc. stays set to NONE. I have tried creating a new dummy VS identical in both locations and have the same result West Coast=FULL and East Coast=None. Any suggestions, or articles appreciated. I have tried changing the "Action On Service Down" to be None and Reselect with no change to either.

1 Reply

• Hey Kona,

Any of these possibly the reason, can you please check?

•Disabling Auto Last Hop disables PVA processing for the entire system

•Using Loose Close with a FastL4 Profile disables PVA processing for any Virtual Server that profile is assigned to

•Using a Last Hop Pool disables PVA processing for any Virtual Server with one assigned

Also, could you post the configuration of the FastL4 profile used on each pair please?