Forum Discussion

Aug 21, 2014
Solved

Remote Active Directory Authentication w/ e-mail address

Hello Guys, I came across a question from a customer today where we've configured Active Directory authentication for users login into the BIGIP. It is working perfectly with no problems. The custom...
    Aug 21, 2014

Hey Guys, thank you very much for your help. @nitass your configuration is perfect and worked like a charm. I initially used the following lines, but it did not work even with the userprincipalname because I had the"user-template" configured.

root@(bigip1)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos) list auth ldap system-auth auth ldap system-auth { bind-dn cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=f5demo,dc=com bind-pw $M$Xz$R6vSMU6JwXX/2bq2Cksu/g== login-attribute userprincipalname search-base-dn cn=users,dc=f5demo,dc=com servers { 192.168.1.100 } user-template %s@f5demo.com

My new configuration is just like yours.The "User-Template" should be left blank otherwise it will make the BIGIP to use only the userid instead of the combination userid + DN.

Working configurtion root@(bigip1)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos) list auth ldap system-auth auth ldap system-auth { bind-dn cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=f5demo,dc=com bind-pw $M$vD$R97Nbf7gLgGgbO44TBHByA== login-attribute userprincipalname search-base-dn cn=users,dc=f5demo,dc=com servers { 192.168.1.100 }

![Image Text](/Portals/0/Users/187/75/146875/ScreenShot2014-08-20at9.00.53PM.png)

Thank you very much fellows ;)