Forum Discussion

17 Replies

• Understand that the [HTTP::uri] is going to produce a new URI that is transparent to the user. So if the user makes a request for "/news/foo/bar", the server will see "/foo/bar", and the client's address bar will not change. There is a minor typo in the above iRule though. It should actually look like this:

funny thing, everytime I add the line it apends a www.www.abc.com to the front of it..but I dont have a rule adding a www to my test virtual server

I tried to change this(HTTP::uri [string map {"/news" "/"} [HTTP::uri]]) where "/" is "/hi" and it doesnt work.

when HTTP_REQUEST {
        switch -glob [string tolower [HTTP::uri]] {
            "/news*"  {
                pool news.xxx.com-pool
                if { [string tolower [HTTP::uri] equals "/news" } {
                    HTTP::uri "/"
                else {
                    HTTP::uri [string map {"/news" ""} [HTTP::uri]]
                }
            }
            default {
                pool www.abc.com-pool
            }
        }
     }

The previous version would have mapped "/news/foo/bar" to "//foo/bar" (an extra forward slash).

everytime I add the line it apends a www.www.abc.com to the front of it

I'm not sure what this means.

• Minor typo:

when HTTP_REQUEST {
            "/news*"  {
                pool news.xxx.com-pool
                if { [string tolower [HTTP::uri]] equals "/news" } {
                    HTTP::uri "/"
                else {
                }
            }
            default {
                pool www.abc.com-pool
            }
        }
    }

• there where some missing braces. not sure if I got them in the right space... but if I now go to www.abc.com/news the url changes to www.www.abc.com its crazy...

when HTTP_REQUEST {
            "/news*"  {
                pool news.xxx.com-pool
                if { [string tolower [HTTP::uri]] equals "/news" } {
                    HTTP::uri "/"}
                else {
                }
            }
            default {
                pool www.abc.com-pool
            }
        }
    }

• There's nothing in this iRule that would cause that. I think at this point it'd make sense to fire up a client side HTTP analyzer (ie. Fiddler or HTTWatch) and see where this information is coming from.

• well, it looks like the www.abc.com/news is getting a HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently and the Server: Apache(end server is IIS) then going to www.www.abc.com/ not much to go on... I used fiddler(first time)..... but in a last look I added the DNS for www.www.abc.com and funny thing... its the end server at the 3rd party.. I guess they have a rule adding www. to requests coming into there server.. I got a full website also hosted with the 3rd party. they should be recieving new.800loanmar.com/ but I dont think they are.. if Im getting that redirect.

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
    Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:50:42 GMT
    Server: Apache
    Content-Length: 247
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

301 Moved Permanently

Moved Permanently
    The document has moved here.

• Very odd that they're trying to add a "www" to something that already starts with "www". They should perhaps spend more time on DevCentral. ;)

In any case, you might be able to thwart this if you modify the Host header to them in a fashion that they'll accept without throwing a redirect.

• Im going to push for them to make a new main directory under news.xxx.com/news then it will all work. Im mean really... add a www to a www.. these people need more busy work.

thanks for all the help... Its always nice to know I have people to bounce things off.