Forum Discussion

kykong_107132
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 29, 2007

Symphoniq TrueSpeed problem with WA 9.4.3

Hi All,

I having a problem using truespeed with WA 9.4.3 standalone. I can't generate Real User Data statistics. I'm using TrueSpeed version 1.3.1.2.

wondering anyone facing the same issue?

thanks in advance.

7 Replies

Colin_Walker_12
    Historic F5 Account
    When you say you're having trouble with this...are there any errors being displayed or logged? Is it completely failing or is only a portion of the function not completing?

I've not heard of any incompatibility issues but it's worth a look as that's a relatively new version of WA. I'll see if I can dig something up.

Colin
  • hi colin,

thanks for your prompt reply.

it just can't generate the Real User Data Statistic. since TrueSpeed using irule to pull the statistic, their irule consist of 3 events, HTTP_REQUEST, HTTP_RESPONSE and HTTP_DATA_RESPONSE, somehow from the irule statistic, i only see traffic going thru HTTP_REQUEST and HTTP_RESPONSE, but not to HTTP_DATA_RESPONSE.

if without WA, i able to see traffic go thru all 3 events and with this, it able to generate Real User Data Statistic.

I not sure whether is that anything i need to edit in thier irule?

thanks for your help.

regards,

• The issue is a result of the pages being compressed by WebAccelerator. In order to collect the real-time stats you would need to turn off compression on the pages node in the policy. This arises from WebAccelerator performing it's optimizations first including compression before handing the response back to LTM for processing of additional iRules. Because the content is compressed the code to track real user data is not able to be inserted.
  •  

Dawn, thanks for jumping in with the info. The compression by WA is definitely one issue, but if kky is not seeing the HTTP_DATA_RESPONSE there may be another issue?

kky, is it possible to get a httpwatch capture of browsing the web page directly from the OWS and also the WA configuration? We would like to replicate the issue in our lab environment.

Thanks!

//Joe
  • Hi everyone,

really appreciate all your help. I will attach the HTTPwatch and the irule stats later today.

I'm going to do a POC with customer next weekend, my plan is to use truespeed for reporting since truespeed can generate very impressive report.

regards,

KY Kong
  • Hi All,

Going thru WA without Compression, it work!!.. truespeed able generate User Data Stats, thanks to everyone especially to Dawn.

But since compression will be one of the key feature, it's that anyway for me to generate User data with Compression turn on?

i can't attach HTTPwatch output here, i got an error msg "

Invalid file type or file exceeds max size(100kb)".

if anyone want the output, i can email to you.

thanks.

regards,

• If you want the html pages compressed enable LTM compression on the VS. This compression is done after all of the iRules have been processed. I've always just used the synthetic agent when testing WA as nothing needs to be changed in the policy.

Dawn