Forum Discussion

Stewart_76633
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 08, 2012

Sync Problems

I have a LTM 1600 and a VE esxi guest which I'm trying to cluster/sync. I have the peering working, and a device group created but when I attempt a sync I get the following error:

Sync error on dcsltm01: Load failed from dcsltm02v 01070734:3: Configuration error: vmw-compat: vlan may only have one interface. Recommended action: Review the error message and determine corrective action on the device

There is precisely no information around on this error. I have just a single 'internal' interface, which is a single vlan on a single interface (on each of the devices) with one self IP. Any ideas what the error would be refering to given the above information?

Cheers

16 Replies

• FYI;

ConfigSync uses TCP/4353

Failover uses TCP/1026

Mirroring uses UDP/1028

• By the way, we don't currently support mixed platforms in an HA group. What are you actually trying to do by pairing the two LTMs?

Aaron
    Robert_Teller_7
    Historic F5 Account
    I think i have figured what issues you are running into.

From what i have noticed VE's dynamically map mac addresses to interfaces to ensure that the same mac is associated to the same virtual interface regardless of the initialization order of the interface.

The db vlan.macassignment value determines how mac addresses are assigned, you can reference http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/12000/700/sol12724 to get a high level idea of some different values that can be used.

The default sys vlan.macassignmen value is "vmw-compat", this option will throw a configuration error on physical devices.

To config sync from virtual to physical you will need to change the value to Global. Please make sure you aware of the potential impact of this change before making it.

RObert
    Robert_Teller_7
    Historic F5 Account
    I think i have figured what issues you are running into.

From what i have noticed VE's dynamically map mac addresses to interfaces to ensure that the same mac is associated to the same virtual interface regardless of the initialization order of the interface.

The db vlan.macassignment value determines how mac addresses are assigned, you can reference http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/12000/700/sol12724 to get a high level idea of some different values that can be used.

The default sys vlan.macassignmen value is "vmw-compat", this option will throw a configuration error on physical devices.

To config sync from virtual to physical you will need to change the value to Global. Please make sure you aware of the potential impact of this change before making it.

Robert