Forum Discussion

Timothy_92333
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 07, 2014
Solved

vCMP Guests - Traffic Group shows "Initializing / Not Synced"

Folks,

I have two vCMP guests on a Viprion blade that were on 11.3 HF5 with no issues but as of a few minutes ago are now on 11.3 HF9. The configs have synced across peers - I have pretty green indicators in the top left hand side of the GUI. But when I navigate to Device Management -> Traffic Groups, the "Next Active Device" field says, Initializing / Not Synced." What can I do to correct this? What is the issue that has caused this to happen?

Thanks,

Timothy

• Hi Timothy,

Please check below site: http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/13000/900/sol13946.html

Above site link will have good info which could be found for configsync DSC issues... I had seen similar issue on Viprion chassis.,but resolved after reboot of vCMPs..

But the above link will provide more information specific to mcpd service.. link on core system services info: http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_ltm/manuals/product/tmos_management_guide_10_1/tmos_appendix_c_system_services.html

15 Replies

• Ok. Never really heard back from F=5 on this, but I have managed to fix the issue.

As best as I can tell, this is what did it.

First, set the management ip as the Network failover address on each server, in addition to any other ips.

Second, reboot whichever LTM is refusing to see the other member as an active member of the HA order.

Each time I've done this, the primary has come back and accepted its role as the new Standby.

IF this still does not work--destroy all trust on both LTMs chosing the create new certs option on each, remove the opposite member of the pair from all device and traffic groups, and delete the peers. Then rebuild from one LTM only--though both will be active at this point. Once that is done, choose one and reboot.

• I saw this too. I tried everything including rebuilding device trust. What it turned out to be was my defined vlans didn't match. I had an old vlan that was decommissioned left on the standby. Took us all a while to figure it out but that was it. As soon as we got the same vlans defined on both sites the traffic groups showed a next active device correctly.

• disable vlan failsafe (or any other failsafes configured) and you will likely have better results

• For us the following worked on version 11.6.0 HF4: "bigstart restart sod"

Because you will restart this process, the load balancer will again check his traffic groups and status. We saw that the 'next device option' has been filled in with the other node.

After this we were possible to put the active node in standby modes and otherwise.

Remember: After a reload/reboot of the node the same behavior can be coming back. So check this we you do a reload of a reboot.

This is known bug by F5 and haven't been solved in the version 11.6.0. HF4.

Regards,

Frans van Dokkumburg

• The other option what it can be is that you forget to set the "enabled" option wihtin the sync-failover setting

Device Management >> Device Groups

Go to the Group what have as type "Sync-Failover" Go to the Tab "Failover"

check the "enabled" checkbox