Forum Discussion

paddy_125646
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 27, 2013

VIP Bounce - I am facing a Show stopper

Dear Team,

My network is as follows

In my scenario , servers and vip resides in same network . Default gateway of servers are Core switch .

Following is I have done

1) Created a internal VLAN ( etherchanneled)

2) Created SelfIP- Non floating ( 172.16.4.40)

3) Created SelfIP - Floating (172.16.4.43)

4) Created VIP - 172.16.4.45

default gateway of F5 is 172.16.4.1 ( core switch which is the default gateway of servers too)

I have created SNAT ( autonat) on the VIP .

issue what i am facing is when i access the real IPs 172.16.4.31 and 172.16.4.36 on port 8006 portal works with out any issues . Nevertheless when i access it through 172.16.4.45 which is VIP , clients are not getting any response ( getting as connection interrupted)

I have no clue why even after SNAT this issue is happening. i have target of finishing this task tomorrow and still i am no where in resolving this.

Can somebody help me out in this?

thanks a ton in advance

Paddy

12 Replies

• Having reviewed the config, the most unusual thing I can find is that you've disabled port and address translation. Is this a standard virtual server? You said earlier that the servers were listening on port 8006 though you're accessing the VIP on port 80, so at a minimum you need port translation. I would re-enable port and address translation. You also probably don't need to add an HTTP class to the virtual server and don't have to disable NAT on the pool.

To your last question, LACP is not compulsory with trunking. It should only be required if the downstream device requires it.
  • I have this same issue, we have about 15 paritions on a single VCMP guest. However, only the one-arm mode partitions have this issue. We only have 4 out of the 15 that are in one-armed mode. It appears the LTM does not respond to ARP requests that it is receiving when in one-armed mode. That is what I can tell from packet captures. I have a case open. Hopefully support can help.