Forum Discussion

Michaelyang
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Oct 25, 2022
Solved

Virtual server and pool configuration disappear...

Hello,
After I re-activate my License in my LAB, my virtual and pool settings are gone...
I checked the running configuration RAM and /config/bigip.conf.bak and found that they are really gone...
#tmsh show running-config

What caused this to happen...?
Any help is appreciated.

Samir
    Oct 25, 2022

As per my experience looks like you have mimic f5 license key wrongly and later you have added correct license key(activate.f5.com). In that case it will remove exiting config from f5. Generally bymistake it happens

• Just curious did you utilize any automation or CLI when configuring your BIG-IP or was it all done via GUI?    when in the GUI it auto saves on execution but for example using Ansible you have to save the running configuration to commit the changes on reboot or even re-license.    

6 Replies

• Looks like by mistake somewhere you reset the configurations. If it is lab then you can reconfigure it. 🙂

Michaelyang
      Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

Hi Samir,

Thanks for your reply.
      At that time I could only do Re-active licenses...
      I know I can reconfigure it.

But what caused this to happen...?

Any help is appreciated.

Samir
        Icon for MVP rankMVP

As per my experience looks like you have mimic f5 license key wrongly and later you have added correct license key(activate.f5.com). In that case it will remove exiting config from f5. Generally bymistake it happens

• Hello,

can you run #show sys mcp to check if the confi is loaded or not? also, ensure that you are in the correct boot location.

• Just curious did you utilize any automation or CLI when configuring your BIG-IP or was it all done via GUI?    when in the GUI it auto saves on execution but for example using Ansible you have to save the running configuration to commit the changes on reboot or even re-license.    

• Hi Matt,

I use the CLI for all of them, but each one is saved .
    #tmsh save /sys config