Forum Discussion

Dec 06, 2013

VMware View Black Externally

Just curious if anyone has run into a black screen using View on external VIP? On our internal VIP it works great. Running 11.4.1, latest iApp, 4172 is open inbound to the external VIP. This is launching from the webtop link that is created with the iApp. It opens the View client, logs me in, starts the session, then a black screen.

23 Replies

• I am having the black screen issue to. Using LTM, APM, iApp f5.vmware_view_optimized_solution.v1.2.1. Doing a TCPDump I dont see the F5 generating any UDP 4172 packets.

Jim

Greg_Crosby_319
    Historic F5 Account

View client sends messaging to setup PCoIP UDP display protocol between Horizon Client and assigned resource. This traffic flow occurs from Horizon Client to APM over ssl and proxied from APM to assigned resource over TCP 4172. You should see communication over tcp 4172 from APM to the assigned resource prior to seeing any UDP 4172 traffic. If not, I would check the port is open between APM and the Virtual Desktop / Virtual App networks. Once initial setup occurs you should begin to see UDP 4172 traffic from client to apm and from apm to the assigned resource.

I would also verify the connection servers are not setup to use https/pcoip as APM handles directing clients to the correct ip addresses. Another thought is to run a capture on the client to see if it is sending UDP packets anywhere other then the correct APM IP address.

• Greg

In the capture i see TCP 4172 packets but no UDP 4172 packets. The connection servers have all three check boxes cleared. Question, who sends the first UDP4172 packet?

Jim

Greg_Crosby_319
      Historic F5 Account
      does tcp4172 connection become established between apm and horizon agent (published resource) or is it being reset?
  • Greg, thanks explaining the communication for this application. It lead us to look at the firewall for UDP4172 from the client.. which was being blocked..

Everything works great now. Much appreciated

Jim