Forum Discussion

kraigk_52257
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 06, 2009

x64 Install Failed: "Could not find System Center Operations Manager 2007 Hotfix KB954903"

We are running SCOM on Windows 2008 and are unable to install with the error, "Could not find System Center Operations Manager 2007 Hotfix KB954903". We have installed the hotfix and rebooted the server but still get the error. Any ideas?

9 Replies

Dave_Ruddell_79
    Historic F5 Account
    kraigk: You shouldn't have to reboot for this hotfix to work; however, the way these Hotfixes install is a bit different as well. Most of them require some other action after the hotfix utility is installed. For this particular hotfix you should, for:

64-bit: navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center 2007 Hotfix Utility\Q954903\ and run Q954903-x64.msp

32-bit: navigate to C:\Program Files\System Center 2007 Hotfix Utility\Q954903\ and run Q954903-x86.msp

Once the hotfix says it's complete, you can try the F5 Management Pack installation again. If it still continues to fail, let us know.

Thanks and Good Luck,

Dave
  • We are 64 bit and did re-run the Q954903-x64.msp and still are not able to install the F5 SCOM pack. The error still says KB954903 is not installed.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Dave_Ruddell_79
    Historic F5 Account
    Interesting. Let's see what we can figure out. First off, can you please the instructions for running the SystemInformation.ps1 script located here: Click here.

Once you have the results, go ahead and attach the log output to your reply.

Next, navigate to your Ops Manager installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager\) and locate a file called MOMModules.dll. Right-click on the file and go to properties, the under the Details Tab, can you tell us both the File Version and the Product Version (they should match).

From these 2 pieces of information, we should be able to figure out what your issue is.

Thanks,

Dave
    Dave_Ruddell_79
    Historic F5 Account
    It looks like the MS Hotfix is not working correctly. It should be updating your MOMModules.dll file to version 6.0.6278.36, which is what the F5 Management Pack Setup is looking for. I can email you the file with manual installation instructions if you wish. Are you running x64 Windows and Ops Manager or x86? I see your hardware supports x64, but unfortunately the architecture is not in this version of the script.
  • ruddell,

If you could post/send the manual install instructions it would be great.
    Dave_Ruddell_79
    Historic F5 Account
    I was attempting to extract the .dll file from the Q954903-x64.msp file inside the install directory, but orca would not let me. Unfortunately, my only recommendation at this point is to start a customer case with Microsoft about the hotfix. If you have any troubles getting this going, let us know and we can try to help from our end.

I would just let them know that the hotfix installer is telling you it succeeds, but at least one of the files that gets updated by the hotfix (MOMModules.dll) does not actually get updated like it's supposed to.

I'm sorry this is such a hassle, and let us know if there is anything we can help you with.
  • Ruddell,

No problem, not your fault. I managed to get the F5 management pack installed. This URL gives the fix: http://www.systemcenterforum.org/news/workaround-for-opsmgr-and-essentials-2007-hotfix-installation-problem/

Thanks again for your help. Now to make it work..
    Dave_Ruddell_79
    Historic F5 Account
    That's fantastic news. I'm glad you saw that link, because I did not and I was starting to get worried.

Well good luck from here on out, let us know if you need anything else.