Forum Discussion

Oct 06, 2015
Solved

How to activate F5 VE License Key?

I have two F5 VE VM running BIG-IP 11.3.0 Build 39.0 VE Trial 11.3.0-HF1 (based on BIGIP 11.3.0HF6. I decided to buy license now and I bought two license key from cdw in $95.

Now how do i put new registration key in F5? In GUI i can't see anywhere i can put new key?

In License tab i can se re-activate but it is not allowing to put new Key.

I check this document https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/2000/500/sol2595.html

But it is very confusing, what i need to do in order to activate key?

• When you click re-activate, click the edit button to the right of the existing reg key.

24 Replies

• I removed license key from command line and tried to active from GUI and got following error

Licensing Error: Error 51133, F5 registration key is not compatible with the detected platform - This platform, "Z99V", cannot be activated with this registration key "XXXXXX-XXXXXX"

This is the key I bought https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/BIG-IP-Virtual-Edition-Lab-License-v.-13.X-license/3591055.aspx?pfm=srhPO

• When you click re-activate, click the edit button to the right of the existing reg key.

Brad_Parker_139
      Icon for Nacreous rankNacreous
      LTM only has LTM. ALL allows all modules to be provisioned. Go with ALL.
      satish_txt_2254
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      I have seen two version in download page BIGIP-12.0.0.0.0.606.ALL-scsi.ova BIGIP-12.0.0.0.0.606.LTM-scsi.ova What is the different between them? what does "all" means?

Brad_Parker
      LTM only has LTM. ALL allows all modules to be provisioned. Go with ALL.
      satish_txt_2254
      I have seen two version in download page BIGIP-12.0.0.0.0.606.ALL-scsi.ova BIGIP-12.0.0.0.0.606.LTM-scsi.ova What is the different between them? what does "all" means?
    Robert_Teller_7
    Historic F5 Account

After logging into the GUI of the BIG-IP browse to System > License > and select Re-Activate at the bottom of the screen. After clicking Re-Activate click on Edit next to the field that says Base Registration Key. This should allow you to update the license key.