Forum Discussion

rafaelbn_305907
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Aug 21, 2017

Issues with auto last hop, HSRP and peer-gateway

Hello Devs! How's everybody today?

I'm trying to solve an issue we're having with a pair o viprions dual attached to two Cisco Nexus 7000. The thing is that both Nexus run HSRP and peer-gateway. Big-Ip has a transit network with nexus and both nexus have another transit network to a firewall.

What is happening is some returnig traffic is coming from N7K-2 instead of N7K-1 (because of vPC and peer-gateway). And since auto last hop is enabled, F5 is complaining a lot and some connections are being reset. Which is bad.

I read through KB9487, KB2211 and KB8290.

Disabling auto last hop seems to fix the issue but it seems very drastic. What got my attention is that Last Hop Pool takes precedence over Auto Last Hop when one of the last hop pool members have died. But my question is:

1. Considering all last hop pool members are UP, what would happen if auto last hop was expecting traffic from last hop pool member 1 and received traffic from last hop pool member 2. Would it accept it (since it's a valid last hop pool member) or it would revert back to auto last hop behavior?

Thanks! Rafael

No RepliesBe the first to reply