Forum Discussion

Mahadev
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Aug 21, 2023
Solved

LTM Policy - Is there a way to create policy with non Case Sensitive behaviour

Recently I come across a situation in LTM Policy. When a policy is created in ltm with URI contails rule to achieve forward pool it exactly looking for the URI including case. In my case I have hundreds of URI with out exact casing details. 

When i create iRule for the same pupose it is working irrelevent of case sensitive. Is there a way to acheive this in    

• Hi Mahadev,

You can use the "Use case sensitive string comparison" in the condition options.

3 Replies

• Hi Mahadev,

You can use the "Use case sensitive string comparison" in the condition options.

Mahadev
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hi  Enes_Afsin_AI,

Thanks for your response. My requirement is vise-versa, the string I am calling in policy is "/servicerequest/" (Since I dont know the exact URL of Application) whereas in application server actual URL path contains "/ServiceRequest/". By default "Use case sensitive string comparison" is unchecked in LTM. But still policy is not matching when user is accessing the application with higher case in this case  ://abc.com/ServiceRequest/login.jsp

• Normally LTM Policy is exactly doing what you want to do. We are using this as well without case sensitiv issues.

Maybe share a screenshot of your policy or tmsh output of it.